Find out more about Document Creation Software
What is Document Creation Software?
Document creation software enables you to create, edit, customize, and share text-based files. These apps can function as document generators, word processors, and PDF creators and editors that import data from third-party sources into templates. With this solution, you can create a range of documents such as contracts, notes, legal documentation, proposals, forms, and reports, among others.
Document creation software can also be used to store and share documents, either locally or on a common drive. These solutions are often part of a bigger suite of systems, or integrated with more robust business software. They can also be independent and focused applications. Start by checking our leader Templafy, and other recommended solutions in this category.
Top 12 Most Popular Document Creation Software
How To Choose The Best Accounting Software
Document creation software programs can be used to create a range of useful documents such as reports, proposals, contracts, forms and more. Both freelancers and enterprises can use this type of solution for their business purposes. But how do you do educated comparisons to select the best document management software app among the many good ones available in the market? To help you, we have created this buyer’s guide which tells you the key features and factors that mark a high-quality application.
Get to know each product with free trial
The ideal way to start your search for the best document management software product is to sign up for the free trials or demo offered by leading document creation software providers. This will allow you to check out the various key features of each of these platforms and gauge whether it can suit your business needs. You can visit the websites of these popular tools to find out whether there is a free trial you can sign up for: Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Word, Foxit PhantomPDF, and Pages. These apps have received high rankings in our document creation software reviews and you can read them to get a comparison of their key features.
- Freelancers and solo entrepreneurs can use document creation software tools to create the necessary documents for their business purposes.
- Small, medium-sized, and large enterprises can also use this type of system to go paperless, reduce manual work, and make their business processes more efficient.
Examples of Document Creation Software
- Google Docs: Create and edit web-based presentations, spreadsheets, and documents. The main advantage is you can store documents online and access them from any computer.
- Adobe Acrobat: A free global product for viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. You can use it to accelerate business processes and let your employees work anywhere.
- Microsoft Word: Allows you to create, edit, view and share your files with others easily and quickly. It also enables you to view and edit Office docs attached to email.
- Foxit PhantomPDF: A multi-feature PDF editor that is ideal for teams of all sizes. You can use this solution to create, edit, organize, secure, collaborate and share, export, scan, and sign PDF forms and documents.
Types of Document Creation Software
Document creation software apps can function as document generators, word processors, and PDF creators and editors that source in data from third party solutions and use them as templates.
Key Features of Document Creation Software
- Easy installation: You can use an installation script to automatically install the software. Typically, you can install the document creator on your own but if you run into issues you can seek the help of the vendor.
- Multiple document templates: The app creates documents for various clients based on predefined templates. You can use this solution to create an unlimited number of web-based document templates.
- Manage customer profiles: You can set up as many customer profiles as you wish. Plus, you can use predefined customer details (first name, last name, phone number, email) and add others if needed. Typically, there is a document counter and a link to all documents related to a given customer.
- Simple document management: After creating your document templates and a client database, you can easily produce documents from different templates, for different clients. Plus, you can create multiple documents for each customer from the same template. Another advantage is documents can be ordered by date and title and edited at a later stage.
- System options: The software allows administrators to easily configure the settings. They can define date and time format, grant access to other employees, translate the system messages etc. Top vendors protect your information from potential loss or misuse.
Benefits of Document Creation Software
Cloud-based document generation tools act as a central storehouse for all your vital documents that can be accessed, viewed, changed and shared with your team members. You don’t have to waste time waddling through stacks of folders to find the paper document you want.
Document creation software solutions protect your sensitive business information through rigorous security procedures and role-based access control that allows only authorized users to view important documents and files. You can depend on cloud-based systems to keep your critical business data safe in case of natural disasters or emergencies.
Anytime, anywhere access
Cloud-based apps allow anytime, anywhere access to documents from any internet-ready device. Thus, they are especially useful if your project work involves collaboration with team members who are based in diverse locations or work on the go.
Integration with third-party solutions
You can seamlessly integrate the document creation software with the other business systems you use to allow information to flow smoothly between the different platforms. This saves you effort and time, and also maintains data accuracy and integrity. Top applications also support email integration, allowing you to send documents and files to vendor partners, colleagues, and customers.
Cloud is here to stay
Cloud-based software solutions are becoming widely used for their many advantages. This is true in the case of document creation software too as cloud ensures you can access documents from anywhere, anytime. You don’t need to work on a particular computer or inside a closed network to access your files. You simply need an internet-ready device. Another advantage is web-based document creation apps are easily scalable, making them an ideal solution for fast-growing businesses. To sum up, cloud-based systems offer the main advantages of ease of access and reduced expenses.
Social integration is important
Facebook and Twitter are used by millions of users every day to share information with their contacts and followers and catch up on trends. Not surprisingly, document creation software products have kept pace and have integrated social technology into document creation and file sharing, allowing users to seamlessly organize, store, and revise files.
User error commonly occurs if you use an old-fashioned document creation system. To tackle this issue, do your homework and select an updated and modern application. Its interface should be easy to understand and use, and allow you to intuitively create and manage files. The app should also allow you to keep your files and documents organized and accurate all the time.
It is essential to train your employees to effectively use the document creation software solution. Large organizations can use regimented training programs while smaller firms can conduct informal sessions. Plus, you can prepare and distribute training materials as such as FAQs and quick reference guides to assist your team members. Get feedback from users and update the guide materials regularly to make the training more up to date and useful.
List of Document Creation Software Companies
Our Score Read More
Our site utilizes our certified SmartScore™ method to evaluate all the software in the Document Creation Software category to help you pick the best possible solution. It pays attention to the following metrics: key components, collaboration possibilities, custom elements, integration, ease of use, customer support, how secure a software is, mobility, scores in other media. As of now, Templafy is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. After thorough evaluation it received the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the solutions for your company.
User Satisfaction Read More
An overview of overall user satisfaction with the software in our Document Creation Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that collects user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media sites in order to help you make an informed purchase choice.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the Document Creation Software category will offer a different set of pricing packages for its product and every plan will include a varied group of elements. Below we list the overal pricing for the most affordable package available for each app. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
Devices Supported Read More
A summary of what type of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B services in the Document Creation Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn what languages and countries are supported by the popular B2B services in the Document Creation Software category, including solutions aimed at international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine what pricing models are supported by the vendors in the Document Creation Software category to check which one fits your business preferences and budget best. Note that certain apps can support free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of which kinds of customers a specific B2B software in the Document Creation Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what types of product deployement are supported by each B2B vendor in the Document Creation Software category. Although the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based certain services might offer an on-site deployment model as well.
Post by Alex Hillsberg